NTSB Recommends Full Ban on Use of Cell Phones While Driving

Wednesday Dec 14th 2011 by Datamation.com Staff
Share:

The safety board says that distracted drivers caused at least 3,092 deaths last year.

CNN: The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has called for a nationwide ban on the use of cell phones while driving, except in emergency situations. They would also ban texting while driving in all situations. "This (distracted driving) is becoming the new DUI. It's becoming epidemic," said the NTSB's Robert Sumwalt.

According to the board, 13.5 million drivers are using cell phones at any given point in time. Distracted drivers, including those using their phones, caused at least 3,092 deaths last year.

Share:
Home
Mobile Site | Full Site
Copyright 2017 © QuinStreet Inc. All Rights Reserved