- "Windows 95 was certainly the biggest thing in the last 20 years until now. I think Windows 8 certainly surpasses it."
- "Screaming loudly doesn't work very well in our industry. It really matters whether the product fundamentally captures people's imagination, and then you tell the story well around that."
- On Surface pricing: "We haven't announced pricing. I think we have a very competitive product from the features perspective. ... I think most people would tell you that the iPad is not a superexpensive device. ... (When) people offer cheaper, they do less. They look less good, they're chintzier, they're cheaper."
- "I think Google is just another big company at this stage."
- "I think when you look forward, our core capability will be software, (but) you'll probably think of us more as a devices-and-services company. ... Doesn't mean we have to make every device. I don't want you to leap to that conclusion. We'll have partners who make devices with our software in it and our services built in."
The Microsoft CEO discusses Windows 8, Surface pricing, Google and more.