Idevnews: Tech vendor Unisys has released the results of a new poll on IT priorities for the coming year. Nearly half of the companies surveyed said that cloud computing was their top priority, while 24 percent said supporting mobile users was the most important. Security was most important for 17 percent of respondents.
Unisys executives also made several predictions for the current year:
- "Cloud computing [in 2011] will accelerate from pilots to production."
- Enterprise Mobile adoption will accelerate.
- Social Computing will move beyond marketing and be used both as a productivity tool.
- Smart Sense and Respond Computing will get more traction.
- "Fit for Purpose Appliances will grow in popularity.
- Cybersecurity will get more attention.