CIO Insight: Researchers at Yankee Group have released the results of a new survey which reveals that most CIOs make decisions based on business priorities, not based on the availability of new technological solutions. Other findings in the report include the following:
- 76 percent of respondents say that IT business priorities are set with equal input from IT management and executive leadership.
- 15 percent say their companies set IT business priorities without input from IT staff.
- 82 percent of respondents say customer experience is their No. 1 corporate goal.
- More than 60 percent of respondents say they limit instant messaging and social-networking use in their enterprises.
- 50 percent of those surveyed expect to increase budgets in 2011.