CIOInsight: Authors Jeanne W. Ross and Peter Weill have published a Harvard Business Review article that will become part of a new book about aligning IT with business strategy. They say IT staffers should never be responsible for the following decisions:
- How much to spend.
- Defining the business processes that receive IT dollars.
- Whether to integrate an IT capability organization-wide.
- How good do our IT services need to be?
- How much security and/or privacy risk is tolerable.
- Who gets blamed for IT failures.