NetworkWorld: Research firm Gartner has released a report with a number of predictions for 2011 and beyond. Those predictions include the following:
- By 2015, online sabotage will disrupt and damage a G20 nation's critical infrastructure.
- By 2015, new revenue generated by IT will determine the annual compensation of most Global 2000 CIOs.
- By 2015, information-smart businesses will increase IT spending per employee by 60 percent.
- By 2015, tools and automation will reduce labor hours associated with IT services by 25 percent.
- By 2013, 80 percent of businesses will support tablet PCs for their workers.