CIO Insight: A new survey from Spiceworks sheds light on IT spending plans at small and medium-sized businesses. Highlights include the following:
- SMBs plan to increase IT spending an average of 9 percent from last year's levels.
- 70 percent of SMBs will maintain current IT staffing levels or decrease head count.
- 80 percent of SMBs plan to purchase new hardware this year.
- About one quarter of networked desktops at SMBs are more than four years old.
- Companies with fewer than 20 employees are planning the biggest IT staff and budget increases.