NetworkWorld: A new report from the Council of Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) offers surprisingly frank statistics about PC user's dissatisfaction with their tech support. For example:
- 64 percent of users say their computer has caused them anxiety.
- More than 40 percent of those who use an outside computer support service are unhappy with it or say it costs too much.
- "Top sources of frustration with the tech support experience are long wait times, inability to fix problems, the cost of service, and limited language skills of technicians."
- "Seventy-five percent are experiencing hours or more of downtime per year, and 40 percent are experiencing days or more (of downtime)."
- "Top five impacts of computer failure include increased stress levels, interrupted work or play time, valuable lost data, dropped connections, and difficult online purchasing."