InfoWorld: What types of people will you meet in the IT department? Here's InfoWorld's list:
- The Empty Suit--usually department managers and business managers hired as a liaison between techies and management, probably the most popular guy in the department.
- The Scary Sys Admin--"Your company can't run without him -- and he knows it." Just be sure to stay on his good side.
- The Human Roadblock--No matter you propose, the human roadblock always says it can't be done.
- The Angry Support Drone--This help desk worker will do what you ask, but no more.
- The Übergeek--Super-smart and super-anti-social, he's saving the world with as little interaction with mere mortals as possible.
- The OS Fanboy--Every conversation with this cult-like follower begins or ends with statements about why Mac or Linux (or Windows) is completely superior.
- The Promiser--He or she will say anything to close a deal.
- The Shadow--If something is going wrong, the shadow will know and ignore the problem. "It's not my problem, it's not my job, it's not my fault."