When asked for the most unusual blunders they'd encountered while interviewing candidates, hiring managers reported the following:
- Candidate wore a business suit with flip flops.
- Candidate asked if the interviewer wanted to meet for a drink after.
- Candidate had applied for an accounting job, yet said he was "bad at managing money."
- Candidate ate food in the employee break room after the interview.
- Candidate recited poetry.
- Candidate applying for a customer service job said "I don't really like working with people."
- Candidate had to go immediately to get his dog that had gotten loose in the parking lot.
- Candidate looked at the ceiling during the entire interview.
- Candidate used Dungeons and Dragons as an example of teamwork.
- Candidate filed fingernails.
In addition to the most unusual gaffes, employers shared the most common mistakes candidates made during an interview:
Read the rest at CIO Update.